NO PLACE LIKE HOME
The echoing clanks of mechanics servicing aircraft, the majestic tremor when the hangar’s huge doors open to let the planes go out to play, the shouts of “clear prop!”, the smell of Avgas… We love it. Manufacturing devices that bring together aviation instruments and traditional watch-making, where else could we be based other than an airport? Here,
in the historically rich environment of the Helsinki-Malmi Airport (EFHF), our spacious premises hold all the necessary resources for the production of our Pilot Instruments.
Helsinki-Malmi became operational in December 1936. At the time it was the second-largest airport in Europe. The official opening took place in 1938, attracting a crowd of twenty-five thousand people. They witnessed g-forces first-hand when pilot Aarne Lunnela flew loops in a twin-engine Avro Anson.
In this traditional environment we design and manufacture our uniquely hand-crafted Pilot Instruments, doing our bit to contribute to the airport’s ongoing aviation story.